Friday, March 3, 2017

What is....

Let's face it... the world moves very very fast, and the people who get paid minimum wage to type out these Yahoo! News blurps have only so many hours in a day.  I may have blogged this brain fart before, but I remember some snot-nosed kid came into the student newspaper and started lecturing the editor about typos in an issue or two of the paper... I probably should've spoken up at the time, but I'm just too polite of a guy, and I always believe in letting people speak their piece, no matter how verbose and pushy they get.  Apparently the kid wanted to come and work for the paper.  And of course, I'm sure that as soon as he got there, all typos would suddenly vanish on his watch.  In between all his other courses, his tumultuous private life, and everything that goes on at a busy student newspaper, all typos would be gone forever and ever amen.  Alas, we'll just never know how it all turned out... but I do know how this turned out.  NUEROPATHY?  Really?  Seriously?  BOTH SPELLINGS ARE THERE!!!  I mean, the correct one's in the small print under the headline, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment